Tuesday, July 28, 2009

McKeirnan Cabin





Kylie and I spent the weekend with my mom's family. My mom, Kylie, and I drove to Pomeroy and had lunch with my Grandma, Cousin Danielle, and Aunt Tammy at the Pataha Mill. It is really neat old building and the food is great. We celebrated my grandma's birthday, which was on July 12th. We then headed to Lewiston to pick up a few last items and my aunt Sharon. Then we headed to the cabin, which is located above the Dworshak State Park. It has beautiful views and was just perfect for our retreat. Friday night we made taco salads and I worked the night away on Kylie's ladybug invites. We woke up Saturday morning to a lovely breakfast and to being work on the invites. Aunt Tammy, Aunt Sharron, Cousin Danielle, Kylie and I took a trip down to the park and played on the toys and in the water. Kylie had a great time splashing around in the water and walking through the mud. We came back for sandwiches and more scrapbooking fun. Aunt Tammy and Danielle will not be able to come to Kylie first birthday so they threw their own birthday party for her. It was cute. Danielle made a banner, and put up streamers. Kylie enjoyed her ladybug cake, as you can see. She was really good as squishing, but eating it, every last crumb. I was able to complete Kylie first year album, minus a couple of pages that I will need some stickers for. I am excited to have two projects crossed off my list for her first birthday party. Sunday night Aunt Sharon cooked dinner for us and we had delicious lasagna, green beans from her garden, a salad, and garlic bread. She also made us some cookies for a snack. Sunday morning was busy eating breakfast, packing up, cleaning, and loading the rigs for the trip home. It was so fun to get to spend some time with family. To the Buyer's a big thank you for letting us use your cabin for the weekend. Thanks Aunt Tammy, and Cousin Danielle for helping so much with Kylie, she did enjoy her nature walks.

2 comments:

The Gies family said...

Love the cake smear!! Im sure she's looking forward to her bday cake :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess, Danielle and I had so much fun that weekend. I love your family, and so proud to part of it! Kylie is such a cutie! Love ya Auntie Tam