Monday, May 18, 2009

Fun Weekend

This is Maddie and Kylie playing and going for a ride with Aunt Katie

Kylie with Grandpa Gray planting the garden and his giant pumpkin, she loved the dirt.

Jace and Jett
Caden
The Boys outside the movie theater
It stated Friday with an afternoon with all of my big boy nephews. I left Kylie with her cousin Maddie and Aunt Katie for a girls afternoon. I took my nephews Jace(5), Jett(5), and Caden(3) to Moses Lake for an afternoon of fun. We started with lunch at the new McDonald's. I let the boys plays as long as they wanted and they had such a great time. We had a little ice cream cone and the headed to the bowling alley only to find that it was under construction. Plan B was the park, which was just as much fun if not more. They had a great time and the weather could not have been better for an afternoon outside. We ended up going to see the movie "Earth," which the boys loved and talked about the entire ride home. We had a little dinner at you guessed it McDonald's again and then home. Rosebud had a great time with Moomers, they played and played and played. Kylie was tuckered out, she fell asleep around 8:15 and woke up at 7:00. Thanks Katie for taking Kylie, so I could spend the day with my favorite big boy nephews.
Saturday morning Kylie and I headed into Ellensburg for a fun run. My brother is the president of the Exercise Science club at Central and he was organizing a 5K Run. My mom, brother Michael, as well as Kylie and I were walkers. We did the 5K in an hour and really was just out to enjoy the weather. Kylie won a metal and came in second place for the twelve year and under category. We then went back to my mom and dad's for some garden planting. My dad is trying to grow the biggest pumpkin in Kittitas Country, so Kylie got to help plant the pumpkins. She also found a little dirt to enjoy, yum yum. After lunch we went out the West Star Arena to watch Daddy rope. Ryan did really well and ended up winning fourth on his young horse, Pistol. It was beautiful day in Ellensburg and it was great to be outside the entire day.

2 comments:

Katie said...

THANK YOU for taking those rascally boys...they had such a blast and still are talking about all of the fun they had with Aunt J. Cade still thinks he needs to go to your house since that wasn't on the agenda :) The girls were so much fun and we will have to do this again soon! Loved the pictures too...

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess Ryan and Kylie! Looks like you are all doing well and I love all those pictures! Is Kylie walking yet!?! I miss you guys! Take care!

Courtney