Sunday, December 20, 2009

McKeirnan Christmas 2009

Kylie in her new rocking chair made by Uncle Dan
Kylie giving Grandma McKeirnan some attention.
This is what was going on. The winners counting their coins.
Kylie popping out of the box and entertaining everyone.
Kylie with her Aunt Tammy. Trying all of the cookies on the cookie tray.
Aunt Tammy was the winner of my homemade gift. I made my first quilted project, with the help of my mother-in-law. I am pretty pound of my "Churn Dash" table runner. I think that I am hooked.
Grandma and Kylie in her pretty sparkly dress.
The Entire Gang.

We traveled to Pomeroy for a Christmas get together with my mom's family yesterday. My mom and dad came to pick me up with all three of my brother's along with Kylie and I. We made it to Pomeroy a little late. Kylie slept most of the way in the back seat with Grandma. We were able to eat lunch. My grandma has had a tradition of guessing the money. She had a container of pennies and then a tube of quarters. Let's just say I was not the winner. I was way off. We had a white elephant gift exchange with homemade gifts. I was able to take home a towel and cinnamon rolls. Then we just sat round and visited. I tried to do a chocolate fondue that was something new and different. Kylie looked so cute in her Christmas overalls. My grandma McKeirnan made them for Kylie and she jingled all the way around the room. Kylie also was pretty and sparkly in her dress from Danielle. Merry Christmas McKeirnan's it was a fun get together!
I am going to end with a little tid bit of our way home. I would hate to forget this trip in years to come. Two of my brother's were getting sick the entire way home and it was pretty foggy so it was a slow ride home. But, we made it home safe and sound. MEMORIES!

2 comments:

Katie said...

The table runner turned out so cute! I bet your aunt was so happy she got it!!! Oh ya, it's called the "churn dash" honey...did Sus call it the turn dash? So funny, I love it :) I know you'd love quilting...maybe you can take up another hobby? I sure enjoy it and have MANY projects (as usual) to keep me busy!!! Looks like you had a fun family Xmas with your mom's side, glad Miss Kylie entertained them all :)

Anonymous said...

Jessica, We had a wonderful time as always with the whole family! I have some great pictures to share with you, and can I have the ones with Dan & Kylie, Me with Kylie and the one with the runner you made so I can put it in my scrapbook as well! Love ya! Auntie Tammy