Friday, March 6, 2009

Sweet Potatoes and Laughs

This was Kylie tonight after her night feed of Sweet Potatoes. I choose to feed her naked because she has to feed herself and be covered in it from head to toe. She only wants to feed herself if the vegetable is orange, you know the one that stain clothes forever.

Kylie is enjoying all of her fruits and vegetables. We are still struggling with rice cereal. Anybody else have an ideas. I have mixed it with the fruits that she has already had and I still get the lips closed and her head thrown back. I have done a spoon of cereal then a spoon of fruit, then she won't open for either. She is eating an entire container of a fruit and a vegetable, as well as her 30-35 oz a day. I have changed the time I feed the rice cereal. I don't know what else I should be doing. Kylie now has two big bottom teeth that have really come up in the last week. She bit my shoulder yesterday morning in the shower and yowzer.

She is really moving the last week and is keeping me on my toes. We will be making a trip to town soon to purchase a highchair, new car seat, and some baby proofing essentials. We have yet to baby proof our house and we need to get that done very soon, because she is into everything.

I took this before I laid Kylie down for a nap yesterday. I had just feed her bottle to her and she had gotten the hiccups. I just started to laugh because she was in this trans that no matter what I did she would laugh. TOO FUNNY!

3 comments:

Katie said...

Kylie!!!
How I love my sweet niece! She is so cute with that sweet potato smile :) Love the laugh too, don't you just love when they get in that trance and everything is helarious to them!!! I miss her (and you and Ryan) Excited to see you guys soon!
Love,
Katie

The Carlson Family said...

Hey Jess how are you guys? She is so cute. Chase wouldn't eat rice cereral so we started to mix just a little bit in his bottle so he got to like the taste of it and then about 2-3weeks later he would eat it alone or with his fruits and veges. You can try if you like it worked for us.
Take Care, Kayla Carlson

The Gies family said...

I love the sweet potatoes smile, and the rest of it all over her chest!! Too funny! :) Into the big girl foods.. YUM YUM. Hopefully we'll see you this week? Take care