Monday, December 15, 2008

Four Month Doctor Appointment

Today was Kylie's appointment at Dr. Oldham's office in Ellensburg. We waited for forty five minutes and then decided to see a new doctor their at the new office. She was great. Kylie smiled for her right away, which is a little shocking. She weighed 14 lbs 11 oz and was 24.8 inches long. When I told them about out little bet to see how much she weight they told me 95% of parents over estimate the weight of their child. She is in 75% percentile for height and weight. They also measured her head and it was 16.2 inches and she is in the 50% for head circumference. She had her three shots again, two in one leg and one in the other. She did really well and was done crying by the time we were out at the car. The new doctor was really great and answered all of my first time parent questions. I have to be more careful of Kylie's sensitive skin, she is like her mom. As you all know Kylie has been rolling over. This morning while I was getting ready I laid her on her play mat only to come back to her crying and her head bright red. She had rolled off the mat and was giving herself a rug burn face. The doctor also said that Kylie should have teeth before we come back at her 6 month appointment. She feels them under the skin on bottom and on top. We can't wait to see those chompers. She is definitely a drool machine. They told me not to start Kylie on solids until we talk next time at her 6 month appointment. I was a little disappointed, but it is what is best for her. She is sleeping through the night and I shouldn't mess with that. Keep up the good work you eating machine!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jessica! ;-)
Finally I found you!!! I've searched on myspace and facebook.....but I see why I haven't found you - you have been way too busy being a mommy! Congratulations - your daughter is beautiful - and I would love to meet her some day. I have really been thinking about you a lot lately -I will never forget the good times we had together in high school and not to forget your wedding. I really don't want to lose a good friend and will try to stay in touch. I am so happy to find that you have a blog - this way I will be able to follow yours and your little family's life... :-)
Here things are great, except that I am studying for exams over Christmas. I hope to pass both my exams in january. In the summer of 2010 I will be done as a nurse. I live with my boyfriend Klaus (we've been together for 2 1/2 yrs) in a small apartment with our two cats. And I am so happy to have finally found the man of my life. Maybe you will be invited to my wedding one day...haha!
Well, I better get back to studying. Just wanted to drop you a quick note. I wish you and your family a great X-mas and a happy new year. Love and miss you girl. Stine