Sunday, June 14, 2009

Happy Birthday Steve!

Spencer, Katraya, Steve, Jessica(Me), Johnnyjean, Keeah, and Anjerie. We went to Steve Jarman's 50th Birthday Party yesterday at the Clymer's Museum in Ellensburg. It was so great to see the Jarman family. Steve and Johnni Jean were my second mom and dad beginning at the age of 6 months. My mom went back to work and Johnni Jean was my babysitter. I have been part of their family and felt like one of Steve's daughters. My love of cattle came from the ability to show steers. Steve allowed us to have our steers out at their house so that we could do 4-H and FFA. We lived in town growing up and didn't have a space, not even for a dog. It was a great experience and I am truly grateful for that opportunity. As many of you know during that part of my life I was talked into running for the Washington State Herford Queen, by Steve. I am glad that I did it and it was a great experience that many people do not even know about. I have had so many wonderful experiences/adventures. One moment that sticks out is a trip to show steers in Burns, OR. It was a super long trip and several of us ended up getting the flu. Whoa what a trip! Another trip that I will never forget was a trip for Anjerie's wedding. We were heading to Utah, we ended up getting a five hour late start, which is usual for the Jarman clan. They run on cattle rancher time, which I have learned since being married to a Stewart. We also added another passenger for their truck. We had seven people in their truck and as we began our journey we got a couple hours down the road and realized we had no AC. It was hot, cramped, and long, but we made the best of it. You always have a good time with the Jarmans. Thanks Steve for all of these wonderful adventures. I guess thanks to you, I found my husband Ryan the cattle rancher. I can take in stride the poop, the smells, being late, and living this lifestyle. I truly appreciate all of your love, patience, and crap that you have given me over the year! Happy Birthday Steve!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you all look just like last time i saw ya.except girls r alot taller and spencer hair is shorter.this is randy heistand jr