Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Six Months Old

Kylie eating her first Cheerios.
Kylie went to the doctor yesterday. She was still sick, but managed to gain another once. So, the official six month weight is 16 lbs. 9 oz. and was 27 inches long. Dr. Oldham decided to wait to give her shots until after she was over her cold. He was listening to her breathing and she has had a little wheezing, but I just thought that it was part of her cold. He did another couple tests with a nebulizer and it didn't help her breathing. He decided that he should run a RSV test at the hospital. While we were waiting for the results we got the ok for Kylie to start solid foods, YEAH! She has been so interested in people eating since four months, so this should be a fun week. We received the results and she was positive for RSV. I am glad that Ryan came with me. He was able to test drive he Tahoe that I was looking at, he liked it. Now, we must find time to go back to Ellensburg and make an offer. It was a shock that Kylie has RSV, because she was so active through this entire cold and cough. She hasn't had a fever or loss of appetite. She seemed just to have a runny nose and cough a pretty bad cough, but I just kept thinking that it would run it's course and be over. Mom and I were suppose to fly out for our trip to Kentucky on Thursday morning and we decided to cancel the trip. We are going to stay home for a while to get missy better. The test run at the hospital was a saline wash and then they sucked the snot into a test tube. Kylie felt really great yesterday afternoon and her cough was better. I think that the test run at the hospital, sucking the guck out really made her feel better. I hope that she is over the worst and she starts to feel better. Kylie is not taking anything. She is just using a cool mist humidifier. We had a rough night, she was up four times. She starts to cough so hard that she throws up her feed. She has decided that she shouldn't even eat, then she won't get sick. She is not very interested in her bottle today. If she is still not eating much by tomorrow it will be back to the doctors office.
I have included pictures of Kylie's first attempt at Cheerios. It was too cute to watch, she got a couple in her mug. This is such a fun time, six months in my favorite so far. I had to run up to town to day to get my staples out, they decided to leave them in for another couple days. I will go back on Friday to get them checked and hopefully removed. They said it looks great and it healing very well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kylie, I am so glad you can finally have something to eat. I know it has been hard to wait since everything looks so yummy. I hope you're feeling better soon! Come back and visit grandma and grandpa!!
Love you, Grandma